As a diverse body of believers seeking to live in the light and image of God in Christ, we affirm:
- That every person has worth as a special and unique creation made in God’s image.
- That in the spirit of love, openness, and inclusiveness we welcome people of every age, economic status, ethnicity, gender, mental and physical ability, nationality, race, religious background and sexual orientation to participate fully in all aspects of our church’s life and ministry.
- That as agents of reconciliation and wholeness, we embrace justice and seek to support all who suffer discrimination or who are disenfranchised from the religious community and society at large.
- That we will continue our efforts to comprehend and appreciate more fully our different gifts.
- Through grace, may our love for God and our neighbors flourish.
(Passed by unanimous vote November 11, 2001)