WEEKLY MESSAGE – 11/1/18
* From Social Action Team–Tonight (Thursday), 5 p.m., Sonoma Plaza: Trump’s decision to fire Jeff Sessions and replace him with a political hack is a brazen effort to interfere in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. This is a red line and we must respond. There will be rallies all over the country this evening at 5pm to protest. In Sonoma, we will meet in the front of the Plaza for a peaceful demonstration. You are encouraged to bring signs, friends and family, and flashlights/headlamps as it is getting dark earlier. More information at: https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response-events/13732/attend/?akid=.2830208.yYjscz.
* Friday brings our Taize Prayer Service at 4 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Join us for Taize chants and quiet prayer.
* This Saturday, join FCC and Congregation Shir Shalom for a Potluck Supper and Star Gazing. Meet in the Community Room at 5:30 p.m. with soup or salad to share then it’s off to Sugarloaf State Park for stargazing. Telescopes will be open for viewing and friendly docents will be available to answer questions. Parking is $8 (unless you have a parking pass) and the entry fee is $3 per person. Carpools will be available from the church parking lot. Please RSVP at your earliest convenience to . Janice Mattison (email@example.com, 477-0782) or Curran (415-525-1620).
* This Sunday, Curran leads “Reflections with Curran” at 8:30. Her 10:30 Message is “Risk and Restoration,” referencing Mark 12:38-44.
* On Monday (Nov 12), Property and Finance invites you to join them at 9 a.m. to spiff up the West Wing. You can dust, you can mop, you can heave junk into the dumpster, you can sweep down the walls. Big fun and . . . we will feed you lunch! Such a deal. Don’t miss it.
* December/January Grapevine submissions (one newsletter) will be accepted up to noon on Tuesday, November 20.
Thank you, everyone.
Sunday Services and Sunday School at 10:30 a.m. Childcare provided. Rev. Curran Reichert preaching and leading worship. Learn More
Weekly/monthly dates. Learn More