The position of Event Host is established in order to provide assistance to external renters, to protect the church’s assets, and to promote positive community-church relationships.
- Coordinate with the church office to confirm rental agreement terms including
- dates and start and end times
- facilities and equipment to be used
- any agreed to setup instructions
- table/chair setup is not the Event Host’s responsibility
- Identify renter’s contact person, phone number, email.
- Contact renter’s person prior to event to introduce self and confirm plan.
- Open the facility at the contracted start time and greet the renter.
- Turn on the lights and check the heat/air conditioning.
- Check restrooms for paper supplies.
- Introduce renter to the facility and answer questions.
- Assist with A/V setup if contracted.
- Be on hand during renter’s setup to assist as needed.
- Once renter is set, you may leave if you provide your cell phone number in case you are needed.
- Return at least 15 minutes before scheduled end time.
- Before renters leave
- Check that all trash is properly handled.
- Check facility for any damages and document such.
- Lock up.
- An honorarium of $75 per event (up to 3 hours) will be granted.
- An additional honorarium of $25/hour will be granted for any additional on-site hour or portion thereof that exceeds the 3 hour base.
- Complete a green sheet in the office to receive the honorarium.